Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NRW, Germany
Thanked 695 Times in 276 Posts
Getting Started.... (click here for online help)
In order to help you getting started, here are a few tips to help you. I suggest you print this page and then just try the examples given.
That is basically all you need to know, in order to get started using The Rife Forum. There are of course lots of other features to make it all easy to use including attachments, calendar, memberlist, etc.
- To access the forum, enter http://www.rifeforum.com in your web browser. You will see our home page with information about the forum. If you are not logged in, you will see our news pages while logged in members will see a welcome message and a list of recent messages.
If you have not logged in, give your username (Firstname Lastname, e.g. Peter Walker) and your password at the top right. You can also click on "Remember Me?" so that you do not need to enter your logon details in future.
If you have forgotten your password, simply click here to receive a new password per Email.
In either case, click on "Forum" to access the actual Forum area.
You will see a long list of categories (e.g. General Discussion) and forums (e.g. Rife History, Rife Microscope, etc.).
- To access a forum (section), simply click on the title of the forum you are interested in (e.g. Rife History).
- At the top of the blue box, you should see "The Rife Forum > General Discussion > Rife Microscope". This informs you where you actually are in the "Rife Microscope" forum (section) for example. You can return to the main menu at any time by simply clicking on "The Rife Forum".
- In the forum, you will see a list of messages. At the top of each forum, you will find a "Sticky" message, that gives important information about the relevant forum and "the story so far".
- The following tips will help you with messages:
- To read a forum message, simply click on the title of the message
- To quickly reply to an existing message, simply click on the button.
- To reply with full editing tools, simply click on the
- To reply quoting from an existing message, simply click on the button.
- To write a new message, simply click on the button.
- To print a message, click on "Thread Tools" and then " Show Printable Version" and then use the print feature of your browser.
- Posting a message is similar to writing an E-Mail. Simply type a suitable subject and then write your message in the white text area (message body). When you have written your message, you can click on to catch any incorrect spelling (you will need to install some free software the first time you use this).
Once finished, you can click on "Preview" to see how your message looks so you can correct any mistakes. Finally, click on Submit and your message has been posted!
- You can also receive new messages, posted to the forum, via E-Mail as well. This will allow you to keep up-to-date without having to visit the forum just to see if there are any new messages.
In order to receive all new postings on a specific thread sent to you via E-Mail, simply click on "Thread Tools" and then " Subscribe to this Thread".
You can set this feature for any of the forums that interest you. This allows you to read new messages via E-Mail as soon as they are posted.
If you wish to receive ALL new messages, posted on the open forums, via Email, you can join the Rifeforum Yahoogroup.
You will find further details of how to use the forum as follows: